We are looking for a product manager with a background in datacentre and cloud solutions to join our team in Bath.
Due to rapid growth, Cloud Direct, a cloud solutions provider in Bath, are looking to expand our product management team by adding an Azure and Infrastructure Product Manager. Our product managers are the hub of the company, shaping and driving the commercial success and distributing knowledge of our products and services within the business.
You will own your own product portfolio and manage it through the full product lifecycle from initial research through to retirement; the following are some of the products and services you’ll be responsible for:
- Azure workloads including IaaS, SQL, Data analytics and so on.
- Hosted Desktop
- Application Virtualisation
- Datacentre services
- Connectivity including Leased lines and MPLS networks.
You’ll be able to understand the technology in order to shape market disruptive packages that our customers will love and benefit from as well as being responsible for the profitability, sales readiness and market fit for all the product and services within the Azure and Infrastructure part of the portfolio.
- Development of a comprehensive portfolio of profitable products and services to meet the needs of our customers centred around Azure and other hosted services.
- Manage the Azure and infrastructure product set through the full product life-cycle from onboarding to retiring including managing in-service issues
- Be the subject matter expert to support key stakeholders within the company, especially sales and marketing
- Develop strong internal relationships with key stakeholders (for example Sales, Key Account Management, Pre-sales and Professional Services)
- To maintain and improve the product profitability and attach rate for all Azure and infrastructure products and services
- Own the business reporting for your product portfolio to ensure we can identify profitability, attach rates and product trends
- Work with the business development team to ensure our bids for Azure and Infrastrucutre services are engaging, well presented and technically best fit against our customers’ requirements
- Build strong commercial relationships with key vendors and partners to drive mutually beneficial partnerships
- Build a clear understanding of the market and technology trends in your area of expertise
- Work with customers and prospects to help shape our product portfolio and to identify new product opportunities
- Relevant experience in a technical pre-sales, product management or similar role
- An understanding of cloud solutions especially IaaS, Azure and networking
- Excellent organisation, time management and planning skills
- Strong influencer and communicator at all levels
- Commercially astute with the ability to identify business opportunities
- The gravitas and leadership to own and drive your product portfolio
- The team working ethic to be the glue between teams and group companies
- Positive negotiator who focuses on win/win results
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills