Navigating the Dashboard (Company level)
The Company Dashboard is located on the VoIP Business Portal. It provides comparison and analytical tools with a hierarchical top level view of a number of Sites, Employees and Customer Admins. It also has a quick access button to "Add Employees" for easy Employee additions.
The first visual displays the following Company Summary and Quick Site Feature Management:
- Number of active Sites, Employees and Company Administrators.
- A quick link button allows you to add Employees
The second visual shows the Call Logs search bar. Call Logging provides companywide call records, comparison and analytical tools for tracking and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of business communications. An intuitive, feature rich interface allows you to visualize trends and patterns, zoom in on detailed data or view key headline information at a glance. Call Logging is accessed in the Business Portal from anywhere and on any device via a Web Browser and Internet connection.
The Call Logs search bar
The Call Logs search bar may display different options depending on your account privileges. Build your search by selecting your criteria from the options boxes and then click the magnifying glass to submit the search and view the results. The Graph and Compare Views, List View, Type View and Top 10 Views (detailed below) will display the results based on your chosen search. There is a maximum delay of approximately 15 minutes for new calls to be displayed.
The search criteria available to select from drop-down lists are:
- Object - Company, Site, User (by Username), Business Number (by full or partial telephone number), Calling Number (by full or partial telephone number)
- Traffic - All Traffic, International, Premium Rate, Non-Geographic, Mobile, National, Off-Net, On-Net
- Direction - Outbound, Inbound, Any
- Status - Answered, Unanswered, Any
- Date Range
Graphical View and Compare
When your results are returned, the Graphical View displays total calls or minutes for the current month by hour, day, week or month. You can zoom into the graph for monthly down to hourly views and pan across the graph to move to the previous or next period of time. You can hover over each data point dot on the graph to display the values.
- Zoom between Hourly, Daily, Weekly and Monthly data
- Use the interactive graph to pan and hover for more data
- A comparison feature overlays the previous month's data results, allowing you to analyze patterns and trends.
- You can switch between the List View, Type View or Top 10 View, using the View Buttons:
- List View
List View provides individual call information on the results of your search including the Business Number, Time, Duration, Calling Number, Destination and Call Status. You can order the List View results by ascending or descending Time or Duration by clicking on the corresponding column title. Browse the data by selecting the number of entries to display and/or by navigating through the result pages.
- Type View
Type View allows you to instantly compare different types of calls to provide key information including the amount of Off-Net calls versus On-Net calls, Inbound versus Outbound, and Answered versus Unanswered. The Type View displays the percentage split of total minutes and total calls for each call type.
This is a useful feature to instantly view how many of your calls are On-Net (often within the Company, or between Sites, and free of charge) versus Off-Net calls to people outside of your Company. It allows you to see how calls are being handled and monitor performance by viewing the incoming and outgoing call split and percentage of answered and unanswered calls.
- Top 10 View
Top 10 View provides the 10 highest results based on your search and top 10 category selection. For example, this allows you to see the top 10 destinations or numbers involved in calls across your whole Company, individual users or Groups. Click the Top 10 View button and select your category from the list of Calling Number, Destinations, International Calls, Mobile Calls and National Calls. For example if your search was for all outbound, answered or unanswered calls for a Site and you select the top 10 International Calls, then the Top 10 View will display the top 10 most frequent international numbers being dialled by that Site and all of its Employees.
This is a useful feature to instantly view what regions a marketing campaign is targeting, which of your Customers are called or call you the most, the most popular international destinations, which Customers call Customer service the most and which Employees answer the most calls to these numbers etc. The top 10 view allows you to see what the most popular calls are being made and received, increase business effectiveness and reduce costs.
The export tool allows you to export the current data in the chosen search and view to a .csv file. Click the Export button this will automatically download all of the data in the current view in comma-separated values format.
The Service Suspension section of the Company Dashboard displays all Sites within the Company and enables Site Intercept to be turned on or off for individual Sites.
Typically the Site Intercept feature allows calls routed to a line that has been decommissioned to be intercepted with an informative announcement and alternate routing options. For example, "This number is no longer in service. To talk to an operator, press 0". Site Intercept can also be useful if you are unable to reach the office for unforeseen disaster reasons, such as severe flooding, and you want to inform your callers that the office is closed. If the Site Intercept feature is assigned to a Site and configured, then incoming calls to the Site are intercepted and played an announcement. If configured, this announcement plays back a new destination number to the caller and offers the caller to connect to this new number or to simply transfer to an alternate destination. Outgoing calls are prohibited from a User when the Site Intercept feature is configured. Only emergency and repair calls are permitted. All other outgoing call attempts are rejected and the User is played an announcement.
The Site Intercept announcement and configured destination is over-ridden if a User has User Intercept enabled and configured.
Configuring Site Intercept
To set up Site Intercept for a Site:
- In the Service Suspension section, locate the required Site and click Configure.
The Site Intercept page opens.
- To activate Site Intercept, tick the Turn On Site Intercept checkbox. This will provide an 'out of service' announcement followed by a fast busy tone.
Site Intercept may also be turned on or off directly from the Company Dashboard.
- If you want your new phone number to be provided to callers, click the Announce New Telephone Number checkbox, and enter the required phone number into the New telephone Number field.
- If you want callers to be given the option to be transferred to another phone number when they press the '0' key, then tick the Transfer On '0' checkbox, and enter the number to which callers are to be transferred in the Transfer To field.
- If you want callers to hear a personal announcement that you have recorded and stored in a .wav format file, rather than a standard system announcement, then tick the Use Personal Announcement checkbox, and click Choose File to open a browser and select your personal audio file.
The personal audio file you select must be a CCITT-compliant, µ-Law encoded, 8-bit .wav file with mono sound, a maximum sample rate of 8 kHz, and a maximum file size, uploaded through the Business Portal, of 1 MB. The maximum recording length for the Site Intercept and User Intercept announcements is five minutes.
- Click Save.
The Recent Activity section of the Company Dashboard shows the recent provisioning activity for Sites, Employees and specific Site Features such as Call Centres that generate provisioning events. These events include activating, modifying and deleting Employees, and assigning/removing Feature Packages from Call Centres and Hunt Groups. The information on each event shows the Event Type (For example, Create Registration), the Object (its username), the Site for which the event occurred, the Date the event occurred and any Feature Package assigned to the Object.