Voice Portal overview (administrator level)
The Voice Portal provides an Interactive Voice Response (IVR) application that can be called by Users of the Site from any phone, to manage some of their features and their Voice Mailbox, or to change their Voicemail Passcode.
The Group or Company Administrator can also use the Voice Portal to record new greetings for a Site's Auto Attendants.
A feature of the Voice Portal enables Users to automatically log in to the Voice Portal if calling from their own phone or device. If the Auto-login to voice portal if calling from own phone feature is set to yes, then when Users call in to the Voice Portal from their own phone, they are not prompted for a Passcode. Instead, the User immediately accesses the Voice Portal Menu. When this feature is set to no, then Users are prompted to enter their Passcode.
The Voice Portal provides a convenient way for Users to manage some of their features from any phone. In particular, the Voice Portal allows Users to:
- Log in by dialling the Voice Portal number or extension, or by dialling a Feature Access Code (default is *62)
- Manage their Voice Mailbox
- Retrieve messages
- Compose, forward, or reply to messages
- Change greetings for Busy and No Answer
- Select, and make active, a CommPilot profile that has been preconfigured through the Toolbar > Services
- Record a personalized name for their mailbox
- Modify their Passcode
- Record Auto Attendant Announcements (Group or Company Administrator only)
To access the Voice Portal menu, Users must dial either their own mailbox number, the number of their Site Voice Portal or a configurable Feature Access Code (the default is *62).
Note: If a user calls the Site Voice Portal number (or *62) from a phone that is a member of that site, then the Voice Portal will assume the identity of that phone is the Voice Mailbox you wish to access, and will therefore only ask for your passcode. To override this, dial * as soon as the system speaks back, this will then change the message and prompt you for an extension number.
Each User can enable or disable auto-login to the Voice Portal. When the Voice Portal auto-login option is disabled, the login behaviour remains unchanged. When enabled, all scenarios where the system recognizes the calling User (and would usually prompt immediately for a password rather than their mailbox number), resulting in an automatic authentication, and the password collection phase is skipped.
Examples of automatically logging in to the Voice Portal are as follows:
- Cloud Direct Users call their Site Voice Portal number from their own phone
- Cloud Direct Users call their mailbox from their own phone
Upon connecting to the Voice Portal, Users are prompted for their mailbox (extension), and Passcode.
If Users have activated the auto-login option then, when calling their Voice Portal from their own phone, they are prompted to enter only their Passcode.
On successful authentication, Users are presented with the main menu, offering the options described above.
The Voice Portal presents only the options corresponding to the features assigned to the user. If a user does not have the feature offered by the Voice Portal in their feature pack, then the option is not offered as part of the menu.
Users then select the desired option from the main menu and navigate through the menus by pressing the corresponding DTMF keys on their phone. All options offered by the Voice Portal feature allow Users to revert back to the main menu, so multiple options can be selected during the same session.
The Voice Portal Wizard
The Voice Portal Wizard is optionally assigned to Sites, and assists Users the first time they log into the Voice Portal. Upon logging in, Users are guided through the following steps:
- Change Passcode on first use (or after the Group or Company Administrator has reset it)
- Record personalized name
When the Voice Portal Wizard is active for a Site, all Users must go through the wizard before they can use the Voice Portal for the first time.
Passcode Rules enhance the Voice Portal security by providing a set of rules to minimize Voice Portal access by unauthorized parties. Cloud Direct defines a system level default Voice Portal Passcode rule. When the CSR Administrator has the Voice Messaging Group feature authorized for the Customer and Site(s), the Cloud Direct default system Passcode rule is applied. The Voice Portal Passcode Rules, as defined by Cloud Direct, cannot be overridden at the Customer/Enterprise or Site level or at the individual User level for reasons of security. The Passcode rules are described below and apply each time a User changes their Passcode.
Users must select a Passcode that follows the rules defined by Cloud Direct. If the Passcode they have selected does not comply with these rules it is rejected, and they will be prompted to enter another one.
The following rules are defined by Cloud Direct..
- Passcode length –The length of the Passcode must be between 4 and 6 digits.
- Trivial Passcode –This rule rejects Passcodes that are considered trivial, such as:
- Repeated digits (for example, 11111, or 22222)
- The User's own extension number
- The User's own extension number reversed
- Repeated Passcode – This rule rejects a Passcode that is the same as the previous Passcode or a reversal of the previous Passcode.
This rule starts a timer when the User changes their Passcode. The change can be performed through the VoIP Business Portal on the User's Service Settings page, or through the Voice Portal voice menu.
When the timer expires, Users will receive system generated voice prompts requesting that they select a new Passcode before they are granted access to their Voice Portal. The User hears the following system announcement:
"Your Passcode has expired; please enter a new one now to get access to the Voice Portal. Please enter the new Passcode, followed by # sign."
The new Passcode can be selected via the VoIP Business Portal Service Settings page, or through the Voice Portal voice menu. The User will be asked to confirm their new passcode.
Cloud Direct has defined the Passcode Ageing timer at the system level to ensure security and minimise the potential of access from unauthorised persons. It is set at 60 days and cannot be overridden at the Site level, or at the individual User level.
The passcode Lockout feature locks out a User's Voice Portal access after five unsuccessful login attempts in a row. Cloud Direct has defined the number of attempts before a User becomes locked out at the system level. This cannot be overridden at the Customer/Enterprise or Site level or at the individual User level. When locked out, a User Voice Portal account must be reset by the Group or Company Administrator through the User's Service Settings, Service Passwords page on the VoIP Business Portal before it can be used again. If the User tries to log in when the account is locked out, the User will hear the following system announcement,
"Your Voice Portal access is locked out. Please contact your group administrator to reset the Passcode. This operation cannot be completed at this time. Please hang up and try again later."
Configuring the Voice Portal (administrator level)
The Group or Company Administrator can create and edit a Voice Portal through the VoIP Business Portal.
To create a Voice Portal from the VoIP Business Portal:
- Navigate to Sites (select site) > Features.
- In the Portals & Bridges section, locate Voice Portal and click Configure.
The Voice Portal page opens.
- Tick checkboxes to select features as required:
- Turn On Voice Portal- Turns on the Voice Portal feature and enables Voicemail. This must also be turned on to support Auto Attendant and Call Centre features.
- Allow Alias – When selected, allows access to Voice Portal from any phone number. When unselected, access to Voice Portal only from User's assigned device(s).
- Use Voice Portal Wizard – Tick this to assist Users with Voicemail features. Also assists setting up of the Auto Attendant.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the Voice Portal. This is a mandatory field.
- Enter details for the remaining, optional, fields as required.
- Directory Number – Select a number, including dial code, from the drop down menu, which Users may dial to access the Voice Portal.
- Extension – Enter a short extension number that on-site Users may dial to access the Voice Portal.
- Time Zone – Select the required Time Zone from the drop down menu..
- Language - English
- Password – Password required if changing the Auto Attendant greeting from the handset.
- Click Save.