Re-installing UC Office
If a problem occurs with the UC (Unified Communications) Office software, it may be necessary to re-install the program.
The re-install process requires the following procedures:
- Uninstall UC Office, followed by,
- Install UC Office
This document is intended for Administrators and End Users who may need to re-install UC Office.
Uninstalling UC Office
The procedure to uninstall UC Office from a Microsoft Windows desktop differs slightly depending on the version of Windows. If UC Office is running on a Mac workstation, then the uninstall is different again. The following procedures describe how to uninstall the application from Windows desktops running different versions of the Windows operating system, or from a Mac workstation.
Administrator permission may be required. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Uninstalling UC Office on a Windows desktop
To uninstall UC Office on a Windows desktop, follow the procedure below for your version of Windows:
- If using a touch sensitive screen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, then tap Search. If using a mouse, point to the top-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, then click Search.
- Enter control panel in the search box, then tap or click Control Panel.
- Under View by, select Large Icons, then tap or click Programs and Features.
- Tap or click UC Office.
- Tap or click Uninstall.
- Follow the instructions on screen.
- Right-click in the bottom-left corner of the screen and choose the Control Panel from the pop-up menu.
The Control Panel appears.
- From the Programs category, choose Uninstall a Program.
The Uninstall or Change a Program window appears, listing your currently installed programs.
- Locate UC Office and click the associated Uninstall button. Note that this button may be called the Uninstall/Change button.
- When Windows asks whether you're sure, click Yes.
Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click the Start button.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs.
- Click Programs and Features.
The Programs and Features window opens.
- Select UC Office.
- Click Uninstall.
Uninstalling UC Office on a Mac workstation
To uninstall the UC Office application on a Mac workstation, follow the procedure below:
Mac OS X
Unlike Windows, you don't need to go through an uninstallation process to get rid of UC Office. Instead, you can simply send it to the Trash. When the Trash is emptied, UC Office is uninstalled from your system.
Uninstalling the UC Office application using Trash
- Log into your Mac with an administrator account.
To find out whether your account has admin rights, click on the Apple menu, select System Preferences, and then choose Users & Groups. Check that your account shows in the list as Admin.
- Open your Applications folder.
- Browse for UC Office.
- Drag the UC Office icon to the Trash. When you release the icon over the bin, you will hear a sound effect that sounds like paper being crunched up.
The Trash acts as a safety buffer in case you delete anything by mistake. If you open the Trash, you can view its contents and drag items back out if required.
- Empty your Trash by:
- Right-clicking on the Trash icon.
- Selecting Empty Trash.
- Clicking Empty Trash to confirm.
Installing UC Office
UC Office may be installed on a Windows desktop or on a Mac workstation. The following paragraphs describe how to install UC Office on a Windows desktop. This is then followed by a description of the procedure to follow to install UC Office on a Mac workstation.
Installing UC Office on a Windows desktop
During service provisioning, Cloud Direct supplied details of how to download your UC Office software application, together with your new username and password. This article assumes that you have this information available and have successfully downloaded the software.
To install UC Office on a Windows desktop, use the install wizard and proceed as follows:
Preparing to install
- On the Windows workstation that UC Office is to be installed, log in to an administrator-level user account.
- Open a browser window, and go to, https://downloads.yourwhc.co.uk/dms/_OfficeUC_PC/Office_UC.bc-uc.win-18.104.22.168.msi to download the ucoffice.exe file.
The ucoffice.exe file downloads onto your system tray.
- Click the ucoffice.exe file to start the install wizard.
You are presented with a User Account Control dialogue box.
- Click Yes.
The Welcome page appears.
- Click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Click Next to proceed to the Install Options page.
- Select required install options by ticking checkboxes as appropriate:
- Always run UC Office when the system starts
- Create UC Office Desktop icon
- Click Next to proceed to the Choose Install Location page.
- Setup will install UC Office in the location shown. To install in a different location, press Browse and navigate to a new location.
- Click Next to proceed to the Choose Start Menu Folder page and commence the installation.
Commencing the UC Office installation
- From the Choose Start Menu page, select the Start Menu folder where you would like to create the program shortcuts.
- Click Install.
The UC Office and any third-party software will now be installed. When finished, the Installation Complete page is displayed.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to close the installer.
Installing UC Office on a Mac workstation
To install UC Office on a Mac workstation, proceed as follows:
- On the Mac workstation that UC Office is to be installed, log in to an administrator-level user account.
- Go to https://downloads.yourwhc.co.uk/dms/_OfficeUC_Mac/Office_UC.bc-uc.osx-22.214.171.124.dmg, to download the ucoffice.dmg file.
- To begin installing UC Office, double-click the ucoffice.dmg file.
- Drag the UC Office application Icon to the Applications folder to complete the install.