The Account Management Website (AMWS), generally referred to as MyRoam, is a web-based application that lets you manage your Connected Backup Agent account online. Your Agent configuration determines whether you can access MyRoam and, if so, which of its functions are available to you. This article details how to log in to your MyRoam account, and describes the functions that are then available to the user.
Logging in to MyRoam
To log in to your MyRoam account, proceed as follows.
- Open your web browser and type the following address; www.cloudirect.net/myroam.
The Backup Account Management login page appears.
The Backup Account Management login page may also be accessed in other ways:
Either, from within the Connected Backup user interface, by clicking the Settings button , selecting the Application tab, then selecting Manage Account Online.
Or, alternatively, from your System Taskbar, by right clicking the Connected Backup icon , then selecting Manage Account Online.
- On the Backup Account Management login page, enter your Email Address and Password. This is the same password that you use to access your Connected Backup Agent.
- Click Sign In.
The Connected Backup Account Management page opens on the Summary page. You are now logged in to MyRoam.
Functions available through MyRoam
The following functions are available through MyRoam, and described briefly below.
- View History
- Retrieve files with MyRoam
- Reinstall Agent
- Edit Profile
In addition, the email or phone contact details for Cloud Direct Support are included under SUPPORT > Contact Support.
MyRoam opens on the Summary page. This shows your Backup Statistics and provides links to other functions. The same links are available in the left hand navigation pane, or in the main text area.
The View History function allows you to view your backup and retrieval details. In the left hand navigation pane, click the, View History link. The Account History page opens, showing Backup Account, Last Backup, Usage and Last MyRoam Retrieval details.
Retrieve files with MyRoam
This function allows you to use MyRoam to retrieve files that your Connected Backup account has previously backed up. In the left hand navigation pane, click the, Retrieve files with MyRoam link. The Retrieve files with MyRoam page opens. Use the Browse or Find buttons to select the backed up files that you would like to retrieve, then click the button. (See Cloud Direct knowledge article KB0010865: Restore backup, for further details of how to restore a backup).
The Reinstall Agent function allows you to reinstall your Connected Backup Agent in the event that it has been cancelled, removed or corrupted previously.
Each account number is associated with a single computer. Do not attempt to install the same Agent account on multiple computers.
The reinstall option performs account recovery, so that after reinstalling the Agent software, you can retrieve files you previously backed up to this account.
To reinstall the Agent software, proceed as follows.
- In the left hand navigation pane, click the, Reinstall Agent link.
The Reinstall Agent page opens.
- Click the Download Software button, and follow the on-screen instructions. (See Cloud Direct knowledge article KB0011164: Reinstalling your Connected Backup Agent, for further details of how to reinstall the Agent).
The Edit Profile function allows you to update your name and contact information, and also change your password. To access and change your profile details, proceed as follows.
- In the left hand navigation pane, click the, Edit Profile link.
The Edit Profile page appears.
- Make changes to profile details as required. . (See Cloud Direct knowledge article KB0010863: Changing your Connected Backup account password, for further details of how to change your password).
- Click Save.
A Profile Updated message appears, indicating your changes have now been saved.