Adding an email alias to a user account
When an Office 365 administrator creates a user account, an email address is automatically assigned to the account based on the user name. This address is known as the "primary" or "reply" address. It is the email address that displays in the From box of messages sent from the account.
However, additional email aliases may be added to a user by editing the user's account. These are also known as "secondary email addresses", "proxy email addresses", or "email aliases". Additional email aliases are not mailboxes. Email sent to an additional email alias arrives in the user's Inbox.
You must have Office 365 administrator permissions to add an email alias to a user account.
Email aliases don't require separate user licenses. There are no fees associated with additional email aliases.
Adding email aliases to a user is helpful when:
- You want a user to receive email sent to an easily recognized email address such as email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You want users to receive email at their primary email address such as Tony@Contoso.com and also an address like Tony.Smith@Contoso.com.
- A user changes their name, and you want to add an email alias with their new name while maintaining their primary email address.
- You want one user in your organization to manage email sent to more than one email address.
If you want more than one user to manage email sent to an email address or you want to send email from that address (for example, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org), use a shared mailbox instead of an alias. A shared mailbox can also be used to share a calendar. For more information, see Cloud Direct knowledge article KB0010972, Creating a shared mailbox.
This article describes how an Office 365 administrator may:
To sign in to your Office 365 account,
- Open a web browser and, in the Address box, enter the following URL, www.microsoftonline.com
The Office 365 sign-in page opens.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click Sign in.
- The Office 365 admin center opens on the DASHBOARD.
You are now signed in to your Office 365 account and, provided you have administrator privileges, you may proceed to add an email alias to a user account.
To add an email alias to a user account, proceed as follows.
- From your Office 365 dashboard, click the app launcher icon, and then click Admin.
From the left hand navigation pane, click USERS, then click Active Users.
The ACTIVE USERS page opens.
- From the list of active users, tick the check box next to the required user.
Details of the selected user appear in the right hand pane.
- In the user details on the right hand pane, click EDIT.
The User Details page opens
- From the list of options on the left hand side, click Email address.
The Edit email address page opens.
- Under Other email addresses, click Add new.
An additional section, enabling another email address to be added, appears.
- In the first text box, enter the first part of the additional email address (alias).
If you have added your own domain to Office 365, then you can choose the domain for the new email alias using the drop-down list in the second text box. The email address must end with a domain from the drop-down list.
- If the new email address is to be the primary email address then tick the checkbox next to, Set as primary email address. Otherwise, leave this checkbox unticked.
- Click Add.
The email alias is added to the user account, and now listed under Other email addresses.
Repeat Step 5 to Step 8 for each additional email alias to be added.
- When you have added all required aliases then click Save.
An email alias may be edited or removed. Editing is restricted only to changing the alias address to become the primary email address.
To edit or remove an email alias from a user account, first sign in to your Office 365 account (See, Signing in to your Office 365 account), then proceed as follows.
- Follow Step 1 to Step 4 of, Adding an email alias.
The Edit email address page opens.
- From the Other email addresses section, locate the email alias to be edited or removed.
- Place the mouse pointer over the email alias address. Two hotlink options appear; Set as primary, and Delete.
- To edit or remove the email alias address, proceed as follows:
To set this email alias address to become the primary email address, proceed as follows.
- Click, Set as primary.
A warning message appears.
- Click OK.
The email alias address is now set as the primary email address. The former primary email address now appears on the list of Other email addresses.
To remove an email alias address, simply click, Delete.
The email alias address is immediately deleted.
- Click Save to save the configuration and return to the ACTIVE USERS page.