Cancelling an individual's Connected Backup account
This article shows how to cancel a Connected Backup account for an individual client workstation.
If a Connected Backup account is cancelled then all associated backed-up data held by Cloud Direct for this account will be deleted.
To cancel a Connected Backup account, you must:
- Be logged into the Connected Backup Support Center using a technician ID that has the Change the Status of Accounts permission.
- Have the correct Computer name (Connected client workstation) that requires cancellation.
Note – For internal Cloud Direct use only:
If you don't have the Computer name refer to KB0013166 for further information.
Cancelling an account
To cancel a Connected Backup account, proceed as follows.
- Sign into the Connected Backup Support Center at https://eu.connected.com/supportcenter/Default.aspx.
- In the Connected Backup Support Center, SEARCH box, use the Computer name to search for the account that you want to cancel.
The required Account Summary page opens in the right-hand pane.
- On the Account Summary page, blue menu bar, click TOOLS, to reveal a dropdown list.
- From the dropdown list, click, Change Status.
The Change Account Status page opens.
- On the Change Account Status page, under Select Desired Status, click, Canceled.
- Optionally, to display a message for the user when an attempt is made to access the Data Center, select the appropriate message from the dropdown box under, If canceling an account or putting it on hold, you may select a message to display to the Agent user.
- In the Justification for Changing Account Status text box, provide a reason for the cancellation.
- Click, Change Status Now.
The account is cancelled, and the following confirmation message appears.
All associated backed-up data held by Cloud Direct for this Connected Backup account will now be deleted.