Setting up Autotask Workplace Mobile on an Android device
You can access your Autotask Workplace personal and Team files from anywhere using your mobile device. All communication is encrypted. You can:
- Quickly view pictures, documents and videos, even file formats not supported by your device.
- Securely share and work on files with other Members of your Team.
- Instantly notify your Team about changes and comments to Projects and files via text messages.
- Quickly find the files you need by using the integrated text search.
Simply download and install the Autotask Workplace Mobile app for Android, and enjoy your mobile office.
The app is supported on Android versions 4.4 or later.
This article describes how to:
- Download and install the Autotask Workplace Mobile app
- Use the app to access Autotask Workplace from your mobile device
For information regarding set up for Apple iOS devices, see Cloud Direct knowledge article, KB0012258, Setting up Autotask Workplace Mobile on an Apple device.
For information regarding set up for Blackberry or Windows phones, please contact Cloud Direct Technical Services on 0800 0789438, or email TechServices@clouddirect.net.
The Autotask Workplace Mobile app for Android is designed for use with a pre-existing Autotask Workplace account, and cannot be installed without one.
If this installation of Autotask Workplace Mobile is replacing a previously installed Cloud Direct : ABC app, then remove the Cloud Direct : ABC app from your mobile device before proceeding.
To download and install the Autotask Workplace Mobile for Android app on your mobile device, proceed as follows.
- Open an internet browser on your mobile device, or on another computer, then enter the following address: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.soonr.apps.go.production&hl=en_GB.
The Autotask Workplace Mobile app appears in the Google Play Store.
- Click Install.
A message appears requesting you sign in to your Google account, in order to download the app.
- Sign in to your Google account.
If you don't have a Google account then click Create account and follow instructions to create one before proceeding.
You are then prompted to Choose a device to install Autotask Workplace Mobile.
- Use the drop-down option to select the required Android device.
- Ensure that the selected device is switched on and connected to the internet, then click INSTALL.
The following box appears.
- Click OK.
The installation begins, on the selected device. When complete, the Autotask Workplace Mobile app in the Google Play Store shows Installed.
The App is installed on your mobile device and ready to use.
To access Autotask Workplace from your Android mobile device, proceed as follows.
- Open your device, and locate the Autotask Workplace Mobile app icon.
- Tap to open the app.
The Login page appears and you are prompted to enter your email address and password.
- Enter your email address and password, then tap Log in.
The Autotask Workplace application opens on your Dashboard page. From here, you can use all the services available on your Autotask Workplace account.