Installing Autotask Workplace on a desktop
This article describes how to install the Autotask Workplace agent on a desktop PC or Mac workstation.
It contains the following sections
- Installing Autotask Workplace on a Windows PC
- Installing Autotask Workplace on a Mac workstation
- Installing the Autotask Workplace agent from Workplace Online
The first two sections describe the download process when you have been given a link to the appropriate install file. The last section shows how the Autotask Workplace agent can be downloaded from Workplace Online.
To install Autotask Workplace on a Windows PC, proceed as follows.
- Open your Welcome email containing a link to the appropriate Autotask Workplace installation file.
- Click to open the link, and download the AutotaskWorkplace.exe file.
The AutotaskWorkplace.exe file is downloaded and appears on your System Tray.
You may receive a message saying, "This type of file can harm your computer". If so, click Keep.
- Click the AutotaskWorkplace.exe file to start the Autotask Workplace Setup wizard.
- Click Install.
The setup process begins, and the following User Account Control dialogue box appears.
- Click Yes.
You may receive the following notification.
- Click Close the applications and attempt to restart them. Then click OK.
The installation continues.
If you had an earlier version of Cloud Direct: ABC, this is uninstalled, and replaced by the current version of Autotask Workplace.
When the installation is complete, the following notification appears.
- Click Restart, to restart your computer and use the software now. Alternatively, click Close to end the installation and use your software when your computer restarts later.
An Autotask Workplace Online shortcut icon is placed on your desktop.
The following icon appears in your system tray
If this icon is not visible, it may be hidden. Click the up-arrow to reveal hidden icons.
To install the Autotask Workplace agent on an Apple Mac workstation, proceed as follows.
- Open a browser, go to, https://eu.awp.autotask.net/update/AutotaskWorkplace.dmg, and download the .dmg file.
- Double-click the .dmg file to start the installation.
The Autotask Workplace installer appears.
- Double-click the Autotask Workplace icon on the installer.
- If the following Warning message appears, click Open.
- A second Warning may appear. Again, click Open.
The Account Setup wizard appears.
- Enter your Autotask Workplace Username (Email address), and Password, then click Continue.
The Choose Your Team page appears, listing Teams linked to your account. Usually there will be just one Team in the list.
- Click to select the desired team, and then click Continue.
The Privacy Overview and License page appears.
- Click the radio button, I understand and accept the privacy overview and license terms, and then click Continue.
An Accessibility pop-up appears.
- Click, Give Access to Workplace Desktop.
The Security & Privacy window appears.
- Under the Privacy tab, click the "Lock" icon on the bottom left-corner to unlock settings.
A pop-up appears, requesting your username and password.
- Enter your Username and Password, then click Unlock.
The display shows, Allow the apps below to control your computer.
- Tick the checkbox next to Autotask Workplace Desktop, and then close the Security & Privacy window.
After a short wait, an Autotask Workplace icon appears on your Menu Bar.
The installation is complete.
If you have access to Workplace Online, then the Autotask Workplace agent may be downloaded and installed from there. Proceed as follows.
- Double-click the Autotask Workplace Online icon on your desktop, to log into Workplace Online.
You can also log into Workplace Online by:
Opening a web browser, then going to one.clouddirect.net, or by,
Clicking the Autotask Workplace icon in your System Tray , and then clicking Workplace Online.
Workplace Online opens on the Dashboard tab.
- Click the Devices tab, to open the Devices page.
- Click Install Workplace.
The following page appears.
- To install Workplace on your Windows desktop, click Windows. (If you're using a Mac, then click Mac).
- Now follow the instructions given earlier in this article:
- For Windows PC installation, go to Step 3 of Installing Autotask Workplace on a Windows PC.
- For Apple Mac installation, go to Step 2 of Installing Autotask Workplace on a Mac workstation.