Reinstalling Autotask Workplace
Autotask Workplace (AWP) replaced Cloud Direct: ABC in October 2017. Although the migration generally went smoothly, there were one or two issues. Many of these issues were resolved by completing a full reinstall of the AWP agent.
This article shows how to carry out a full reinstall of the AWP agent.
This article requires the removal of unwanted entries from your computer's Registry. Any work in the Registry, and hence the reinstall procedure, should be completed only by a competent IT professional. If you would prefer to have assistance, please don't hesitate to contact Cloud Direct Technical Services on 0800 0789438, or email TechServices@clouddirect.net.
The Autotask Workplace agent reinstall procedure requires the following steps:
These steps are explained in this article.
Before commencing this procedure, the following prerequisites are required:
- Local administrator permissions for the computer requiring a reinstall.
To uninstall the AWP agent, proceed as follows.
- Click the AWP icon in your system tray and, from the menu options, click Quit.
This stops the AWP sync application.
- Go to Windows Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Highlight Autotask Workplace, and click Uninstall.
The AWP agent is uninstalled.
Two workstation records must be cleared before reinstalling the AWP agent. This is done by renaming the two associated directories with a ".old" suffix. New, "clean" directories will be established with the new install.
- Rename the following directories to ".old"
Existing directory name
Renaming directories to ".old" ensures no data is lost upon reinstallation/sync of AWP.
- Open the Registry Editor, and delete the following registry entries.
- In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Autotask Corporation\Workplace, delete Components, and services.
- In HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autotask Corporation\Workplace, delete client.awp.autotask.net, and configuration.
- In Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Soonr, delete everything except the DI folder.
Soonr is a legacy registry entry associated with Cloud Direct: ABC.
To download and install the AWP agent, proceed as follows.
- Go to the AWP login page at https://one.clouddirect.net/login.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD link, located underneath the LOGIN button, to download installation file
- Once downloaded, follow the Autotask Workplace Setup wizard, and install the AWP application.
The AWP agent version is shown in the bottom left-hand corner of the display.
- When the agent is installed, sign-in to the AWP Desktop Sync Application.
Once your credentials are authenticated, a fresh sync starts.
To check that Autotask Workplace is syncing correctly, proceed as follows.
- In your system tray, right click on the AWP icon and, from the menu options, click Progress.
The Progress page appears, open on the Project Sync tab. This shows how inbound and outbound sync is progressing. When finished, both should show Complete.
Following the reinstallation, all project data will sync anew on the workstation. The amount of data, and the line speed, will determine how long this process takes to complete.
A new Autotask Workplace directory (located next to the legacy Autotask Workplace.old directory) will contain the newly synced data.
Folders and files in AWP display a green tick on the associated icon to indicate a successful sync.
With the reinstall complete, and Autotask Workplace successfully syncing, there should be no further problems. However, if you're still experiencing problems, please contact Cloud Direct Technical Services on 0800 0789438, or email TechServices@clouddirect.net.