Removing Attix5 backup client software
This article describes the procedure to remove the Attix5 Pro SE backup client software from a computer.
Uninstalling the Attix5 Pro SE backup client software from a computer
The procedure to remove the Attix5 Pro SE backup client software from a computer may differ slightly depending on the version of Windows or Linux. Administrator permission may be required. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Caution: The Attix5 uninstall procedure will result in the deletion of all files and subfolders contained within the folder where you originally chose to install the Attix5 Pro SE backup client software. Take care to ensure that none of your required operational files or folders have been included in the same folder as your Attix5 Pro SE backup client software.
To remove the Attix5 Pro SE backup client software, follow the procedure below:
To remove the Attix5 Pro SE backup client software from a Windows computer,
- Go to the Windows Start menu,
- Select Control Panel.
- Select Add or Remove Programs, or Uninstall Programs, depending on your version of Windows.
- Select the Attix5 Pro SE program (A5SE64v6.msi, or similar, depending on the version of Attix5 you originally installed). Then click Remove, or Uninstall as appropriate.
- Select Yes when asked to remove all registration and configuration information from the computer.
The Attix5 Pro SE backup client software has now been removed from your computer.
Mac OS X
Unlike Windows, you don't need to go through an uninstallation process to remove your Attix5 Pro SE backup client software. Instead, you can simply send it to the Trash. When the Trash is emptied, your Attix5 backup client software is uninstalled from your system.
Uninstalling your Attix5 Pro SE backup client software using Trash
- Log into your Mac with an administrator account.
To find out whether your account has admin rights, click on the Apple menu, select System Preferences, and then choose Users & Groups. Check that your account shows in the list as Admin.
- Open your Applications folder.
- Browse for the Attix5 Pro SE program (A5SEMAC, or similar, depending on the version of Attix5 you originally installed).
- Drag the Attix5 Pro SE icon to the Trash. When you release the icon over the bin, you will hear a sound effect that sounds like paper being crunched up.
The Trash acts as a safety buffer in case you delete anything by mistake. If you open the Trash, you can view its contents and drag items back out if required.
- To empty your Trash,
- Right-click on the Trash icon.
- Select Empty Trash.
- Click Empty Trash to confirm.
To remove the Attix5 Pro SE backup client software from a Linux computer,
- Log in as root on the computer.
- Run the following script to uninstall the service software:
- The uninstall script deletes all software that was installed by Attix5. The system prompts you if you want to remove all registration and configuration information (located in <data_dir>) in addition to the software.
- When Attix5 has been uninstalled, the following message is displayed:
Action after the uninstall procedure
If you intend re-installing the Attix5 Pro SE backup client software on another computer then please refer to knowledge article, Installing Attix5 Pro SE client software for Windows, or, Installing Attix5 Pro SE client software for Mac OS X.
If you have completed the uninstall procedure because you no longer require the backup service then contact the Cloud Direct Service Delivery team to ensure that your account is updated and you are no longer billed for the service.