Mapping a network drive on your Mac OSX
To map a network drive on a Mac OSX device, proceed as follows.
- Open a Connect to server window, using either of these two methods;
- From the Mac OS X Finder, click Command+K, or,
- With the Finder active, from the Go menu, select Connect to Server to bring up the 'Connect to Server' window.
- Enter the path to the network drive you want to map (for example, smb://networkcomputer/networkshare), then click Connect.
You will be prompted for your username and password.
- Enter your username and password, then click OK to mount the network drive.
The drive is mapped, and will now appear on your desktop and in the Finder window sidebar.