Continual Improvement at Cloud Direct
By Stuart Janicki • 18 Apr 2012
The majority of our improvement arises from the customer loyalty metric that we utilise called ‘Net Promoter Score’ (NPS). NPS is an illuminating measure of how well a company and its employees treat their customers and the likelihood to refer the company to friends and colleagues. The metric is held in high regard and has been used by HSBC, PricewaterhouseCoopers and Sony to improve the quality of service they provide.
The methodology behind NPS is simple, twice a year we send out a questionnaire to representatives of each customer, with only two questions. The first asks our customers to rate us on a numerical basis on whether or not they would recommend us. The second question provides an opportunity for customers to provide recommendations that could be made to our service.
From here, our Account Management team and Operations Director read and review each comment that is submitted. This feedback has helped in the past to improve a range of things and most recently we have implemented the following:
- Additional Services - We realise that business needs are changing, this is why we offer Voice Telephony, Online Backup, Disaster Recovery, Cloud Solutions and Connectivity Services.
- LiveVault Portal - New back-end database to improve user experience with the web portal.
- Outlook 2010 - New optimisation technology to manage Outlook 2010 backups without the need to send full-size files each backup.
Technical and Support
- Extended Support hours - Support to 10pm every day including weekends (and of course we’re here for you 24/7 in major emergencies). Speak to a knowledgeable member of our award-winning Service Team.
- New Customer Support Web Area – We are in the process of redesigning our web site which will offer a wider range of training and support videos & FAQ’s.
- Account Management – Increased team headcount to provide better customer service, account reviews and more frequent communication with our customers.
- On-Boarding – A detailed check with our new customers that the service is fully operational and customers are happy that all is well.
So when you receive our NPS request, please use this as your opportunity to tell us any issues that you have. Your feedback helps to improve the quality of service we can provide and helps keep the Cloud Direct employees involved, motivated and striving to do better.
Without support and cooperation from our customers in completing the survey, we would not have the industry-leading standard of service we have today. Significantly, while the industry standard for NPS is 7 per cent, in 2011 we finished with an NPS score of 48 per cent. This year we strive to increase our score to 55 per cent to ensure we keep delivering the excellent service standards our customers expect and deserve.
Share this post