SkyKick - SharePoint Full Site Collection Restore
The information contained in this article has been provided by Cloud Direct's partner, SkyKick.
When using Cloud Backup to restore a SharePoint Site Collection, a merge will restore the latest version of each item under the Site Collection. If a previous version of an item is desired, find the individual item, and select the version to restore.
Full Site Collection Restore
Follow these steps to restore a SharePoint Site Collection.
- Open the SkyKick Portal and go to SharePoint; Collections.
- In the Actions column of the Site Collection you want to restore, click the ellipsis (…) to reveal further options.
- Click Restore full Site Collection.
- When prompted, click Confirm to proceed with the restore.
A full restore of a SharePoint Site Collection can take a significant amount of time. Once the Site Collection has been restored, a notification appears in the Alerts tab of the subscription.
SharePoint Site Collection in Recycle Bin
SharePoint only supports a single instance of a Site Collection URL. If Cloud Backup detects that a Site Collection exists in the SharePoint Recycle Bin, the following Error message will appear.
You are advised to delete the Site Collection from the Recycle Bin before attempting a restore. If deleting the Site Collection from the Recycle Bin is not an option, then there are two additional ways to resolve this error:
- Restore the Site Collection from the SharePoint Recycle Bin, then perform a merge restore with Cloud Backup, or,
- Wait until the SharePoint Recycle Bin retention period has expired (30 days).
SharePoint Online does not allow some Site Collections, including the root SharePoint Site Collection (e.g. midlandstransportation.sharepoint.com), to be removed from the Recycle Bin. For more information, contact Microsoft Support.
Currently, Cloud Backup does not restore site level customisation.