Wholesale Hosted Communications (WHC) is a Unified Communications (UC) service developed by BT. In 2019 it replaced the Hipcom VoIP service provided by Cloud Direct to customers. This article was originally written for the Hipcom VoIP service but remains equally applicable to WHC, with the exception of the portal address which has changed. Changes to this article, as a result of the Hipcom to WHC change, have been made only where essential.
The following portal references have been changed:
The SPA portal for Hipcom provisioning is no longer valid. Provisioning is now done via BT Wholesale.
Installing Unified Communications (UC) Office
Installation instructions for Windows and Mac workstations.
Installing UC Office on a Windows workstation
To install UC Office on a Windows workstation, use the install wizard and proceed as follows:
Preparing to install
- On the Windows workstation that UC Office is to be installed, log in to an administrator-level user account.
- Open a browser window, and go to https://downloads.yourwhc.co.uk/dms/_OfficeUC_PC/Office_UC.bc-uc.win-22.214.171.124.msi to download the ucoffice.exe file.
The ucoffice.exe file downloads onto your system tray.
- Click the ucoffice.exe file to start the install wizard.
You are presented with a User Account Control dialogue box.
- Click Yes.
The Welcome page appears.
- Click Next.
- Accept the License Agreement.
- Click Next to proceed to the Install Options page.
- Select required install options by ticking checkboxes as appropriate:
- Always run UC Office when the system starts
- Create UC Office Desktop icon
- Click Next to proceed to the Choose Install Location page.
- Setup will install UC Office in the location shown. To install in a different location, press Browse and navigate to a new location.
- Click Next to proceed to the Choose Start Menu Folder page and commence the installation.
Commencing UC Office installation
- From the Choose Start Menu Folder page, select the Start Menu folder where you would like to create the program shortcuts.
- Click Install.
The UC Office and any third-party software will now be installed. When finished, the Installation Complete page is displayed.
- Click Next.
The Completing the UC Office Setup page appears.
- Click Finish to close the installer.
Installing UC Office on a Mac workstation
To install UC Office on a Mac workstation, proceed as follows:
- On the Mac workstation that UC Office is to be installed, log in to an administrator-level user account.
- Go to, https://downloads.yourwhc.co.uk/dms/_OfficeUC_Mac/Office_UC.bc-uc.osx-126.96.36.199.dmg to download the ucoffice.dmg file.
- To begin installing UC Office, double-click the ucoffice.dmg file.
- Drag the UC Office application icon to the Applications folder to complete the install.