Call Recorder filters and searches
The Call Recorder contains a search feature and configurable filters to assist in searching and displaying only the information pertinent to your current needs. This article explains how to use these two features.
Call Recorder Filters can be applied to the screen from within the Recordings tab or the Reports tab. The Filter options are:
- By Number
- By Employee
- By Redirection
- By Date/Time
- By Duration
- By Category
Applying a Filter
Select the Filter you wish to apply, then select the Filter option; Number, Employee, Redirection, Date/Time, Duration, Category, or Other, as required. Filters may be applied from within the Recordings tab or from the Reports tab. The following example is taken from the Recordings tab.
Example – Filtering recorded calls by number
From the Call Recorder dashboard.
- Click on the Recordings tab and select Recorded Calls. The Recorded Calls tab opens, revealing the Filter toolbar.
- Click on the Filter toolbar to reveal the Filter options.
- Select the By Number filter option.
- Enter or select one, or a combination, of the following if applicable:
- From Number - searches for the specific originating number entered.
- To Number - searches for the specific terminating number entered.
- From Caller ID - searches for the specific originating caller name entered, if caller ID was available.
- To Caller ID - searches for the specific terminating caller name entered, if caller ID was available.
- Location - searches for the specific location (city, state, country, etc.) entered.
- Comment Text - searches for the specific comment text entered.
- Call Handler Number Search - allows you to enter a call handler number or partial number for which to search.
- Select Call Handler - allows you to select a specific call handler number for which to search.
- Match Search Criteria As Entered – tick this checkbox if you want the search results to match the criteria exactly as it is entered. The default is to match partial text.
- Click Apply Changes to apply the Filter to the list of Recorded Calls.
The Search box is located at the top right hand side of the Call Recorder window. The Search feature allows you to search any part of the call record on the Recorded Calls screen in order to find a specific call record. For example: if there are 10 pages of recorded call files on the Recorded Calls screen and you need to find a specific call record that you know has a comment associated with it that has the word "help desk" in it, you can search for that word to find that call record. You can also use a wild card (%) to replace part of the word or number for which you are searching.
Using the Search feature
- Enter the word or number that you wish to search for in the Search box.
- Click View search results.
The application returns all records containing your search criteria.