Changing a technicians password
If your own technician ID has native Connected Backup account credentials, you can change its password. Additionally, regardless of the type of account credentials you use, if you have the correct permissions, you can change the password for other technicians that have native credentials.
You cannot change the password of any technician that has enterprise directory or SSO account credentials because Connected Backup does not store passwords for those types of accounts.
To change the password of an account that maps to an enterprise directory or single sign-on account, contact your system administrator. Alternatively, for an enterprise directory account, you can change the password in the enterprise directory.
This article describes how to change a technician's password in the Connected Backup Support Center. This may be your own technician password, or another technician's password.
Changing your own (technician) password
To change your own technician password, proceed as follows.
- From your internet browser, enter the following address, https://eu.connected.com/supportcenter/login.aspx.
- Press Return.
The Connected Backup Sign In window appears. Do not sign in.
- Click Change Password.
The Change Password dialogue box appears.
- Enter the appropriate information in the following fields:
- Technician ID
- Old Password (your current password, which you are changing)
- New Password (the new password you want to use).
A valid technician password comprises a minimum of 8 characters, and must include at least one non-alphabetic character.
- Confirm New Password (the same password entered in the New Password box)
- Community (leave blank unless your technician ID is assigned to a specific community)
- Click, Change Password.
Your password is changed.
Changing another technician's password
To change another technician's password, proceed as follows.
- Verify that you are signed in to the Support Center using a technician ID that has the Change Technician Passwords permission. Also, verify that you are not signed in to Support Center using the technician ID whose password you want to change.
- From the Support Center, left-hand navigation menu, click the node for the technician whose password you want to change.
A list of sub-nodes drops down.
- Click the plus sign to open the Technicians node and reveal a list of technician names.
- Click the technician name requiring a password change.
The individual Technician Permissions page opens.
If the Password and Confirm Password fields are missing from the display then you cannot change the technician password at this level. Return to the left hand navigation menu, step up the tree to a higher level node, and select the technician from a higher level Technicians node list.
- In the Password field, type the new password.
A valid technician password consists of a minimum of 8 characters, and must include at least one non-alphabetic character.
- Retype the new password in the Confirm Password field.
- Click Save.
The technician's password is changed.
If you want the technician to have different passwords, set for different communities or sub-communities, then select the Technicians node under the appropriate community or sub-community.