Ports used by Plan B technologies
The following information was sent from Plan B on the 12 Dec 2015 in response to a request for information from Cloud Direct.
Plan B Data Flows
In order for a Plan B Disaster Recovery service to work properly, the following connections must be possible:
Outbound from the Appliance to Plan B Systems
The Appliance will initiate outbound connections to the following:
- TCP Ports 443 and 444 to:
- 18.104.22.168 - 22.214.171.124 (Used to replicate data)
- 126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52 (Used to replicate data)
- 184.108.40.206 (fallback IP address)
- UDP Port 123 (NTP) for time synchronisation. Attached to 'uk.pool.ntp.org'. This is not vital but, without it, the time on the Appliance will slowly drift.
- TCP Port 80 to Plan B Software Package Repositories. These are currently:
- repository.planbdr.co.uk (220.127.116.11)
- betarepository.planbdr.co.uk (18.104.22.168)
Connections from Plan B Appliances to Protected Hosts
- TCP Port 12346 (this is the port that the Plan B Backup Agent listens on).
- Multicast DNS (also known as 'Zeroconf'). This is used for agent discovery - it's not fatal if this isn't possible.